Your Platform for Healthier, Locally Produced Food
What is the Open Food Network?
We begin with healthy soil and animals. With organic farmers and growers proudly rising to tell their stories. With distributors ready to connect people with local products, fairly and honestly. With buyers who believe that better shopping decisions can positively change the world. That buying locally means less waste, less preservatives and less diesel miles. Together we are a global network for good, committed to protecting our planet.
What we do…
The OFN platform makes it easy to create innovative, independent food businesses. Food producers can create their own online shop, or sell through other shops on the platform. Wholesalers can integrate with existing systems, manage buying groups and supply produce through a national network of food hubs and shops. Communities can bring together producers in your area to create a virtual farmers’ market, building a resilient local food economy. We know that good food can transform our planet and society. The global OFN community want to help you to make values-driven food enterprises thrive in South Africa!
Why we are different…
- Flexible pricing. A simple directory listing is free whilst your own shopfront starts from as little as R160 per month. See our Pricing and Plans for more detail.
- We’re a non-profit co-operative – building tools on the internet collectively for people, not privately for profit. We’re 100% not-for-profit.
- The software we run is open source and developed and used by an international community of committed foodies and techies.
- Everyone in our global network runs their own food enterprise. With decades of experience to share, members can network, learn from and grow together.
- This means that we can offer the best solutions, designed by food producers and sellers from all over the world.
Join the network now – it’s quick and easy, and we’re here to help.